About Me

My photo
I am old soul who covers the grey really well. I love to be active and creative. I am blogging to help keep the memories alive and to keep those special moments around.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Old shoes, pinchy shoes, red shoes, blue shoes

I came home today from my last day of teaching & started the "Big Sort". The "Big Sort" will last all summer. I am pretty good at getting rid of things & not keeping them around too long but there are still a few things that have to go.

I am going to whittle down my stuff. I will replace & renew only things that need it.

I started with the shoes. I am not a big shoe shopper but I have hung on to some way too long. I have others that I buy in desperation just to match an outfit that may only have been worn once or twice. These are the kinds of shoes that I parted with today.

So long to my 1/2 inch black penny loafers that PINCHED my toes but matched 1 of my many pairs of black pants very well. So I endured the pain of them for fashion but no more!

So long to my really high 4 inch black strappy heels that went with the black dress I wore once to a baptism. Btw, wrong shoes to wear in New York!

So long to my back-up running shoes. The shoes that were always around just in case I lost my other ones. I never needed you.

So long to my quasi-fashionable, really cheap but really wrong black boots that I bought at the end of this season at Old Navy. They really HURT & just didn't go with anything...

So long to my 1 pair of beige, comfy tennis shoes that went with all of my khaki pants to wear teaching. I lost the insert in 1 of them but still wore them for a few more years.

There are a few more that went in this sad pile but I think these are the worse-case scenarios.

The BIG SORT has begun!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

blog counter

()