About Me

My photo
I am old soul who covers the grey really well. I love to be active and creative. I am blogging to help keep the memories alive and to keep those special moments around.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Chris-cook-crazy





We are busy prepping for the holidays. This morning it included finishing up our cookie platters for friends & neighbors. Thank goodness for my husband. Now he can make some good looking chocolate dipped pretzels. Although we had a delicious time eating my errors. I made oatmeal cookies too that sunk instead of puffed up. So I took the star cookie cutter & cut out smaller, better oatmeal cookies. Then drizzled them with chocolate. Now that is a cookie!

I think our favorite tradition is the Advent wreath. Who gets to light the candles? Who gets to blow them out? Who gets to say the prayer? This was a special week because we lit all four. Advent is a special time because the kids want to eat dinner just to eat around the wreath. Thank you God.



A new tradition at our house is the Christmas contract. This is a signed agreement between my teen and my pre-teen about when to get up and what to do first - presents or stockings. I love this. I want to keep it as a memory that they at this age, they did get along and could agree on 1 or 2 things.

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEg2dh9mLvrTKNhDGitIMUUtL5l8iHeIBWP5CzCgtg-fORto-nJnvpbLPIZlzJpkAd4G9tpVzrUgOFOlcVIvGLAWdvry_3tj4-EeVKCx_rd1gi17bqQx1Z0BiKcWauA7iWADL_c8W4ekP6A/s1600-h/xmas+004.jpg">

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

blog counter

()