About Me

My photo
I am old soul who covers the grey really well. I love to be active and creative. I am blogging to help keep the memories alive and to keep those special moments around.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Quiet

We have had so many different kinds of quiet here this week. With only two of us, the house echos. Tonight it will be filled again with 4 voices that need to be heard. I also long to hear the clip of my dog's paws on the flow. But it has been a month since he has left our family.

I also have a steady humming that quietly goes on in my brain. It is a sound that does not stop but is filled with "what ifs" and "hows" and "whens" and "whys". There are no answers right now & that silence is deafening. I long for a time when the quiet actually is filled with calm again. I have also found through all this thinking that the nights (when I am awake at 3) are filled with a quiet all their own.

The weather too has been quiet and wonderful. I am trying to fill my soul with sun. I can only hope for the next few weeks to go sooooo quickly & quietly. I long for the hum-drum quiet again.

Another good quiet is being with someone you love & not having to fill the void. I had those moments with my 11 year old son. Although we had many discussions, there were moments of absolute quiet but full of togetherness.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

blog counter

()