About Me

My photo
I am old soul who covers the grey really well. I love to be active and creative. I am blogging to help keep the memories alive and to keep those special moments around.

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Scrabulous a.k.a. Clique the button to win

I admit it. I am addicted to Scrabulous on Facebook. It is perfect for me. I can play Scrabble whenever I want & I am connected. For those of you who do not know Scrabulous is simply an online community of people looking to play Scrabble against each other. Yes, I am part word nerd. I have always loved words & spelling. Since they do not have an adult spelling bee, I must use Scrabble/Scrabulous as an outlet for my insane word addiction. But it has also added an interesting twist in my social life too. Scrabulous is just like junior high, I can pitch & ditch my friends as needed.

I first realized my new power of cliquing this morning as I was looking to join a Scrabulous game. You have an option to join a "table" or game just like the cafeteria in junior high. I was perusing my choices and noticed that I was more interested in the pictures of the people who wanted to play than their ratings. I had many choices yet I still looked for my peeps. Where are the moms in their black t-shirts with shoulder length-layered hair flanked by their 2-3 children and a dog? I have a hard time picking people who choose to be artsy in their pics. It takes too much courage to bare my inner soul to the whole Facebook communty like that. I skim over the people who are giving lewd looks or trying be sexy. This is about words not body parts. (o.k. I have used body part words just to get a few points in the actual game)

I want to be with the people just like me. I need the moms or the dads. I do not want to hang with the bizarre, crazy, fanatical or outlandish. I feel like I am holding my lunch tray in the school cafeteria skimming the crowd for my kind. I am still cliquing at the age of 30sh! Is this insecurity? I am only playing a game that may last a few hours or a few days. Chances are I will never see their photo or Scrabble with them ever again. I still can't do it. I still can't press the button & accept the world. I still click the buttons to find my clique.

It is just a game.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

blog counter

()