About Me

My photo
I am old soul who covers the grey really well. I love to be active and creative. I am blogging to help keep the memories alive and to keep those special moments around.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Strawberry Streusel Muffins

I made the best muffins the other day. I bet you can guess from the title that they were strawberry streusel muffins. I threw them in the oven before I walked out the door for class. I asked my daughter to take them out when they were ready. When i got home that night out of the 30 muffins I made only 15 were left. My family ate the rest of the muffins for dinner. Direct quote from my son "We just couldn't stop, they were so good." I then took a bite of one & I agree! I had 1 for a snack, breakfast & lunch the next day. The best thing I love about the muffin recipe & i just found it on Cooks.com. This is my favorite recipe finding web site. I always find awesome ideas and recipes on it. So try these 1 night this week & see how long they last in your home.

Strawberry Streusel Muffins - Cooks.com

Muffins

2 c. flour ( I mix 3/4 parts white & 1/4 part whole wheat flour)
1 tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. fresh strawberries, chopped (about 12 but I added some more)
1/3 c sugar
1/2 c. whipping cream (I use milk)
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/3 c. butter

Streusel topping
1/3 c. flour (only white)
1/4 c. sugar
3 tbsp. butter (melted)
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 c. pecans chopped (optional)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine all muffin ingredients & mix together. In a different bowl, mix together streusel topping. Fill in greased muffin pan with batter. Sprinkle with topping. bake 12-15 minutes or until totthpick comes out clean.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

blog counter

()